No Shoutbox Widget

Jul 25, 2014 at 12:02 AM
I installed this from the gallery on a Windows Azure Websites instance and it seems to have installed correctly, however:

After installing it, I noticed that it was dependent on Forms which was not enabled (but Shoutbox said it was enabled). I tried enabling Forms and that did not have any impact on the other issue I'm experiencing.

I do not have a Shoutbox widget when I attempt to add a widget to a zone.

Pretty much clueless as to how to figure out what's wrong. I have restarted the website from the Azure control panel. I also installed the Shoutbox (from gallery) on another instance where Forms was pre-enabled but that resulted in the same outcome (no Shoutbox widget that I can find).
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2014 at 9:39 AM
It seems that the module didn't install correctly (enabling Orchard.Forms is a very basic feature of Orchard's extension system, so that not working indicates some issue outside the scope of the module). My guess would be that on your instance you can't actually install any module from the Gallery because extension monitoring is disabled.

I'd suggest you to try running and playing with Orchard locally instead, then publish it to MAWS, not to install it directly from the Gallery.
Jul 25, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Edited Jul 25, 2014 at 8:56 PM
I did that, too, actually. I installed 1.8.1 on IIS8/Win2012 because I got tired of the slow performance on MAWS. I have installed the Shoutbox module and in this case, it did auto-enable the Forms feature. However, I still don't have a Shoutbox widget type.

I installed the Profile module (https://orchardprofile.codeplex.com/) and that's working. I also see the Shoutbox module installed and activated under the Features tab of the Modules dashboard ("Community" sub-heading) and I received no errors when installing it.

I'm going to the Widgets dashboard and clicking "Add" on a zone and expecting the Shoutbox widget to show up as an option (along with "Html Widget" and "Custom Form Widget" and so forth). That's where the Shoutbox widget should be, right?

Modules:

Widgets:
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2014 at 8:50 PM
Yes, you should see "Shoutbox Widget" when trying to add the widget. Do you use the latest source from here (the Gallery version is outdated)? I just tried it and works as expected.
Jul 25, 2014 at 8:54 PM
I installed manually from the zip file linked on the front page of the Orchard Project site (https://orchard.codeplex.com/downloads/get/865709 - Orchard.Web.1.8.1.zip) and followed the instructions from the docs on doing so (http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Manually-installing-Orchard-zip-file) with a few minor differences since I'm working on Windows Server 2012 instead of Windows 8 but I think I got everything.
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2014 at 8:58 PM
No I mean the latest source of this module?
Jul 25, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Oh, I see. No, I installed from the gallery. Can I just overwrite the contents of the module directory with the souce from this site?
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Yes.
Jul 25, 2014 at 9:09 PM
That did it. I have the Shoutbox widget now. Thanks for your trouble!

Now to figure out how to fit it into the theme and remove the "owner" box ...
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2014 at 9:12 PM
No problem. The Gallery is something we as a platform have to do something about soon because keeping it updated is a pain.

When you edit the ShoutboxMessage content type you can uncheck to show the owner editor.
Jul 25, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Edited Jul 25, 2014 at 10:49 PM
So I got the basic widget functioning, but I'm trying to set up a projection/query to moderate the comments.

I tried to make a query for "Shoutbox Messages" under "Content" (and forgive me for being clueless) but I keep getting an error when attempting to preview the query:

Oops. Something went wrong ... sorry

An unhandled exception has occurred and the request was terminated. Please refresh the page. If the error persists, go back
The best overloaded method match for 'string.IsNullOrEmpty(string)' has some invalid arguments
Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: The best overloaded method match for 'string.IsNullOrEmpty(string)' has some invalid arguments at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Type , Object ) at OrchardHUN.Shoutbox.Projections.ShoutboxFilter.ApplyFilter(FilterContext context) at Orchard.Projections.Services.ProjectionManager.<GetContentQueries>d__2f.MoveNext() at Orchard.Projections.Services.ProjectionManager.GetContentItems(Int32 queryId, Int32 skip, Int32 count) at Orchard.Projections.Controllers.AdminController.Preview(Int32 id) at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<BeginInvokeSynchronousActionMethod>b__39(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ActionInvocation innerInvokeState) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`2.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__3f() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass48.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__41() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass48.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__41() at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.AsyncInvocationWithFilters.<>c__DisplayClass48.<InvokeActionMethodFilterAsynchronouslyRecursive>b__41()
I also have a behavior I find odd, which is that the meta data (author, date) associate with a message is only shown after I post a new message. Prior to entering a message, it just displays all of the existing messages without attribution.
Edit: Ignore this - I think it has to do with some modifications I made to the placement.info.
Coordinator
Jul 25, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Most possibly to stumbled across this Orchard issue: https://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/20771 Not much to do with it right now...